Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Languages and Cultures"

:) Miss.Curious as my teacher called me backed in my intermediate days and until now that im a grown-up woman, im still that same little girl whose very curious with a lot of things. The same little girl who never get tired of finding out, searching and learning new stuff ( but i know when to stop and what is right from wrong, of course).
Out of my curiousity again, my new adventure in life began when i got interested with other countries languages and cultures. I sat down in front of the computer and start searching..... Alas! i found LIVEMOCHA, a website where you can learn languages for free and have a chance to talk to all natives of that language your interested to learn. I sign up and choose language i prefer to learn from spanish, portuguese(brazil), french and italian and start searching for my language partner. I still remember my first friend is a gay professor from brazil, he is nice and educated and believe it or not, he is also my first chatmate outside my comfort zone (lol). And from that day on lots of friend request came in and at the present i have 514 friends from different part of the world and rest are history.
I can say that in this adventure ive learned a lot of things, not just languages and cultures but also communicating and making friends. Some are good and happy experienced, some are sad and frustrating but the best part ive learned is that distance doesnt matter, what matter is the sincerity and honesty you impart to all your new friends and one day when you get a chance to meet them face to face, i can proudly say HELLO FRIEND i am Miel your filipina friend.
Thanks LIVEMOCHA and more power!
miele28

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home